Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Red curry chicken with potatoes

This morning I made a delicious recipe that's sitting in my crock pot. Mmmmm mmmm I'm going to share it! The ingredients consist of:

5-6 cooked cubed chicken breasts
2 fresh minced garlic bulbs
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 cups cherry tomatoes
2 cups cubed carrots
3 cups cubed potatoes
1 lg can chick peas
1 cubed yellow pepper
1 cubed onion
1 can coconut milk
3-4 tablespoons of red curry paste
7-8 dashes of fish sauce
1 cup brown sugar

Fry cubed chicken in 4-5 minced garlic cloves (salt & pepper) then add with all ingredients to the crock pot! Cook for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are soft. Serve as is or with fried naan bread. OR leave out the potatoes and pour over basmati rice.

I use garlic extensively in everything I cook. Did you know that garlic is consisted of a vegetable and a herb? And the consumption of garlic lowers blood cholesterol levels while reducing the buildup of plaque in our arteries! Garlic has been used medicinally for thousands of years since the Ancient Greek and Roman times. I'm convinced that garlic not only keeps us healthy, its origin is the most valuable. Try rubbing a crushed clove on your childrens warts! There is hundreds of reasons to use garlic and if you're worried about bad breath, suck a lemon! So don't be shy, use garlic!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...