Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The parties begin......

It's that time of year again where we have birthdays every month. For the next nine months there is birthdays! It's always a party around here! In February one of our sons turns nine! In March we have a daughter turning twelve and a son turning 18! In April we have a daughter turning twelve, another daughter turning twenty two and a son turning seven! In May we have one son turning twelve. In July we have one son turning twelve, a son turning four, a daughter turning five and my husband turning forty four! In August we have one son turning fourteen. In September a daughter turning seventeen and a son turning nineteen. In November we have one son turning eight. I believe my "sometimers" didn't kick in because I remembered every ones without forgetting! So June, October and December we have no birthdays at our house! (January is mine) Now in between remembering our family's, I have my extended family and friends to remember! Believe it or not, I know three previous foster parents birthdays as well! 2012 I feel will be an exciting year even with the challenging twists from teenagers and unexpected health concerns. This weekend I'm attending a baby shower as a "Great Aunt" My younger sister will be a Grandmother in less then a month! I don't see my nephew often but when I do, it will be a completely different story. A baby story. Feels foreign to me and it's a realization that we are all getting older!

For our children we give them the opportunity to choose how they want to spend their birthdays. Either it's a birthday party somewhere of their choice or a more personal birthday spent doing something special with us. Either way, it's their day, a day of age that only happens once a year. Thank goodness! Let the parties begin........

PS - now that our week has past us, our second oldest son is feeling better on medication and for me, next week back to the stairs! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment