Monday, February 27, 2012

Beauty is free

Today was another great day! When we have great days, we should take advantage of them! I took a couple of our boys and our dogs on a mini-hike. It's a little Mountain that looks over the ocean in several different directions. We can see a couple different Mountain peaks once on top. Not only is it a beautiful sight seeing area, it's a great workout! All over there is arbutus trees and green grass. As seen above, certain parts of the trails are still covered with ice. This little piece of earth reminds me of the bluffs on Hornby Island. We have taken our whole family to the top for picnics in the past. And yes, we've taken all terrain strollers! It's a safe environment with supervision.

Afterwords we were just warmed up......so when we returned home we went running for 2 km around our loop! Some of my children followed on their long boards, others ran beside me. It was a great day! If anything; the outdoors for me makes me happy. It's my release and I feel good for the rest of my day! What's more beautiful then earth itself? And in many places it's free to explore and there is thousands of hidden spots around each corner!

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life" - Rachel Carson.

"What is more beautiful then earth itself?...... It's having our children experience and learning to appreciate everything the earth offers us" - Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...