Monday, March 11, 2013

Mind, Body & Spirit for another 60 years - just maybe!


The day has come. I'm taking our daughter for testing at Children's hospital. We will be gone until Thursday evening. Believe it or not, I am slightly worried about some of the initial testing because she traumatizes easily although I am very excited to have conclusions! So it's an exciting time. Once this week is over - we're dancing! At least I anticipate dancing! We've been busy, getting ready. Everything is perfect. We've celebrated two birthdays within a week, our one daughter turned 13, and our second oldest son turned 19. Friday is already planned for a fun filled day decorating blue chicken eggs and sugar cookies to end our week. Celebrating the start of Spring Break! Yahoo. I love holidays. Day trips are our future as long as our health allows.

I might be busy although I'm still finding my hour a day I've written about. Lately I've been running 2km with our home school children for PE. The little Notch hill I visit about once a week, and it took me a week to recover from boot camp! I will be back! Not only am I "trying" to stay active, which included going up and down the hospital stairs until I found out there was a Norwalk isolated floor, I've been changing my diet. It's a complete lifestyle change changing your diet I'm finding out. I will admit, it's difficult at first, just like putting on the running shoes, but after awhile it becomes a routine. I am 100% on routines and believe routines are key raising a larger family. Routines are successful for everything. I also know, if you have a significant other and you both have similar routines, your child/children will witness this and one parent can leave without anything changing which results in less chaos. So I have complete faith in my husband holding down our fort until I return. Although I might come home to a thousand mini marshmallows all over the house from plumbing pipe guns, or to a weird story onto why my husband has a new injury because he can be a big kid too! Whatever works to keep our mind, body and spirits alive. lol  "To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear" - Buddha.

To conclude, sharing a moment - one of my sons says, "I'm going to be with you forever" I turned to him and said, "I'm sorry, no not forever- hopefully another 50 years I will be alive, that would make me 90 and you 60!" He then says, "No Mom, 100!" I thought about this.......he might not want me alive in another 6-7 years......when he is a teenager but his wish will always remain in my heart. So I told him, "I will try to live 100 years" Then he says, "After that, you will always be forever in my heart" I thought, "Wow, not only is he intelligent, he is sentimentally deep!" Makes my health that more important, makes me re-think about his loyalty, and love for me. I was definitely touched. And this is why - "The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years!"

"Stay positive, anything negative that comes your way - deal with it, educate yourself and others, move on and enjoy your life and the people in it!" - Me. Next up - quality time with my baby girl and returning to my wonderful family!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your upbeat inspiration Carrie! I will be sending love and prayers your way in these days... for you both especially in the trauma times.

    ReplyDelete

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...