Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Thankyou"

The Easter Potluck was another success! Approximately a dozen families attended, there was a nice selection of foods, the Easter bunny came and went throughout the evening and it was a beautiful day for an Easter hunt! The bouncing castle was one of the highlights, there was a craft table and tons of door prizes! I can't express enough how important it is to connect as an adoptive community. Speaking for our children they love the interaction with their friends developed through other families. We will continue hosting events as long as we have the families attending, the next event will be in December with Santa! I would like to thank everyone that helped set up, helped throughout the event and helped clean afterwords! We appreciate it very much! AFABC has been supplying funding for the hall twice a year, Peninsula Co-op has been sponsoring most events with supplying door prizes and other goodies. We also received donations towards the bouncing castle and the Easter bunny rental. I would personally like to say, "Thankyou so much for participating and helping make these events possible!"

As his Mother, I'm very proud of our oldest son donating his time to be the Easter bunny, he was great and while running from children on the field, I really should have taped that for a you-tube moment! (It was very funny)  And a special "Thankyou" to my Father and Mother for traveling and attending these events, helping and being so proactive with all their grandchildren! Thankyou so much for being supportive Grandparents! I know our children appreciate it very much!

It warms my heart to know that so many people are involved in one form or another and it's for our and all your children. Thankyou.

"Your children will see what you're all about by what you live rather than what you say" - Wayne Dyer.

"We were born to unite with our fellow men, and to join in community with the human race" - Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...