Thursday, April 5, 2012

In the middle

We were sitting in the middle of everything today. One of my sons and my two loyal buddies (Ying and Wilbur) went on a small hike. The weather is making myself antsy for the outdoor experience! I've slowed down because of some physical issues but nothing will stop me from where I feel most peaceful. Before we left, I left my cellphone at home. I'm getting into the habit of eliminating technology that can potentially ruin my peaceful atmosphere. Once we reached the top, my son and I sat down over looking the ocean, the vehicles passing and different communities below us. We were surrounded with the silhouette of mountain peaks, our far left side looked like rain and our far right looked bright with blue skies. The clouds circled us above and beside us we watched a young eagle soar flawless. "We were in the middle of everything", I explained to our son. We were sitting on soft green moss listening to the birds sing to each other and breathing in the air filled with fresh clean oxygen. I closed my eyes, took long deep breaths and that's all I needed to feel happy, peaceful and alive............

For the weekend we're planning many outdoor activities with our children including attending several Easter hunts. We will be celebrating one of our daughters' 12th birthday! Sunday I will be making a huge Easter dinner! Then I will be slipping away at one point to start hot yoga. Hot yoga is yoga exercises (stretching) under hot and humid conditions. Yoga increases your flexibility which should help me! I'm excited! Decades ago I completed the beginner course in Hatha yoga which was hard enough. So I will sweat buckets!

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs"

"Regardless on what anyone believes about the creation of nature, one fact;  it was created for us to enjoy" - Me.

Happy Easter & "enjoy" your long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...