Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween dinner photo-reflection

 Mummy Dogs
 Our thirteen year old son, Grandpa Gary & Grandma Brenda
 My husband and I
 Friends that are family, George and Bonnie!
 My oldest daughter and my dad, Grandpa Gary in his second costume!
 Great friends Sherry and Mike
 Dare to dip!?
 Spider punch
 Deviled Organs
 Fingers anyone!?
 Bloody teeth cookies
 A few of us ready to dig in......
 "Oh oh Grandma....I dumped the pumpkins!"
Mom, son and Dad...."Why does our son look different from us!?" 
My grand strawberry!
 
Our Halloween dinner was a success. My only regret was not taking enough pictures of everyone! Years ago I was really hesitant in sharing identifying photographs. Now I'm too proud. I have a great family. I have great friends. I have a life worth sharing! We had a good night with good people and tons of food. My father and mother came from Campbell River and surprised our children AND all of us with their costumes. Sizzling hot and ready to dance they were! Our children kept asking, "Is that Grandpa and Grandma?" What's really nice.....parents and grandparents just dressing up and having fun. Showing their children that they're never too old, never too serious and life is about having fun with each other. Memories for everyone. One of our thirteen and fifteen year old sons didn't dress up....our fifteen year old claims he's too old. I laughed.....as I was Ernie! Funny, my husband and I dressed up as Bert and Ernie and it made our littlest daughters night. She was also Elmo.
 
 
 
 
The reason why I like Halloween is because most of us all participate in dressing up. Just another time to build upon memories, to spend time together and enjoy the simplicity that life can be. It's all about play.
 
"Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it" Sai Baba.
 
"Life was meant to live it" - Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...