Thursday, May 30, 2013

Swing the bat!



When life throws curve balls at you, I believe to swing the bat. I know many families with different scenarios in their life. Every day can look like a new day, some days are upside down and some days are more predictable. Taking one day at a time should be the only tactic while believing that your future goals will exist with determination and the positive will to succeed. I have to remind myself that stress and worry is a waste of time, there is no point until there is a point. Throughout our lives we are constantly making decisions, all over the spectrum of decision making. Lately for myself I'm feeling like there's a huge decision to make coming in our future and I really need to question our lives, my life and what's the right decision for everyone. Our life for over twenty three years has been huge decision making. From my first born, to leaving my first husband, to marrying again, risking my own life to birth our third birth child to adoption has been huge life changing decisions. We don't take decisions lightly. We've made a few errors a long our way but leaving us with lessons learned. Sometimes the hard way. (For example, selling our dream home was a huge mistake) Becoming a large family wasn't an easy decision. We knew we wanted to adopt many children but we didn't think we would have sixteen. For us now, it's not really hard to make a decision to adopt a child, I find adding is easier then taking away but there is a limit. Our life is wrapped around our children. I honestly can't say where our limit is. We have legally sixteen children but we're only actively parenting twelve. We now have four young adults. So our capabilities, our experience and our developed resources could suggest we could adopt one more if the Ministry allows. The stigma still lurks in the air around large families. The how, why and the unexplainable questions that arise and the outside worries of our capabilities will always remain. Not just ours, it surrounds all large families. How can you manage that many children and their needs? Well.........it's a 24/7 parenting dedication. It's not for everyone. It is for us. Do we have curve balls? You bet we do. We have our challenges and when I write that we swing the bat, I mean we face our challenges head on hoping with a positive outcome - always moving forward, hitting that curve ball out into left field! My thoughts today I wanted to share.......I know some special friends that need to hit that ball out of their way. We're never alone. Leaving with this conclusion, life is meant to be challenging. We need to experience, learn and not to just follow our hearts, to follow our gut feelings and seek support when needed from positive people. We all will move forward regardless.....and for our life changing decisions within our future - we already know our answers, it's just fine tuning them.

"There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. That little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative." - Robert Collier.

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing" - Theodore Roosevelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...