Monday, January 28, 2013

A planned 2013


We had some friends over for dinner on the weekend, it was a nice visit except for some OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) behaviors that slipped in! Sunday was the errand day. Then poof! Here we are it's Monday. January seems to be a planning month. We've already booked our Christmas 2013 and including our Christmas adoption party! December 14th, 2013 book it on your calendars and it will not be cancelled this year! I've been planning Spring break and thinking about our summer camping and traveling trips! I almost feel like I do in May. Anxious, wanting summer to arrive! End this routine called school! Right now we're also working on Science projects for our public schooled students. While thinking about re-enrollments for September including registering another kindergarten student. Kindergarten seems to never end around here! Adding valentines, spring sports, multiple on-going birthday parties, Easter and the racing season! Plus the ongoing lists including the dreaded trenching that has to be done around here! Now I'm questioning myself if I'm a over-planner? Perhaps I'm obsessing over the year 2013. Endless lists. In a way, 2013 feels almost over!

On another note.....I have this dilemma. Our one daughter's future more likely consists of a feeding tube. Right now we're maintaining her weight with mostly syringing. As time moves on, she's really not interested in eating foods. She will try and eat paper, tissue and wet wipes. Of course we don't allow this. I was thinking how great it would be if we could create protein enriched fattening foods that is paper! Any ideas?!


On a better note......we've been waiting since last summer for our daughters wheelchair. It's coming tomorrow! (Tuesday) Our almost six year old that we carry around can learn to independently move herself around finally! We have been so excited that we have been ordering items that will interest her to learn to move towards within our home and outside on our deck. Unfortunately our yard isn't paved for wheelchairs, so the deck is her main area of play right now. So many things to consider for our future planning towards yard landscaping. PAVEMENT! and a wheelchair playground would be so nice! Wheelchair ramps! I can't wait for a wheelchair accessible friendly yard and home! A playground for children in wheelchairs! That's our dream because there is not many playgrounds that are stimulating in our area. So I want it to be our home. If she walks.....which we hope.....then our home will be open to other children with wheelchairs. Like a therapeutic playground! A dream or perhaps a plan. My husband is thinking about building special needs equipment because he was born an engineer. I think our future is more then just our children, it's for every child in need of either a home, or a place to be stimulated. I guess our thoughts, our planning might become something more - like a reality. Time will tell. I do know that my husband and I are more then just words. That's where the OCD is completely working for us! So......planning is good as far as I'm concerned. It gets things done and hopefully our ideas come true.

Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort. - Paul Meyer.

Without leaps of imagination , or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. - Gloria Steinam............"Bring dreaming into the planning" - Me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...