Saturday, February 1, 2014

Xin Nian Kuai Le!

We celebrated the Chinese New Year January 31. Something new and fun to do while learning a different tradition. It was interesting. We learned that the Chinese culture cleans their homes spotless for the new year, they decorate in red for prosperity and their foods during their celebration is dumplings and mandarin oranges. They give red envelopes with money for gifts but without the number 4; for example it can't be $40.00. We however didn't give our children money. I tweaked the evening and they received red licorice and kinder surprises. Our children ate with chop sticks and they played freeze dance during our evening. Our children also learned the meaning of their year when they were born (after an animal) according to the Chinese culture. We were determining if we were like the meaning of our year. For example, I was born in 1973, the year of the Ox. A born leader, I inspire confidence from all around me. I am conservative, methodical and good with my hands. I guard against being chauvinistic. The Ox would be a successful as a skilled surgeon, general or a hairdresser. People born in the year of the Ox are dependable and calm. They are good listeners and have strong ideas. To conclude, the Ox is patient, yet stubborn, they are usually quiet but with a big temper. Sounds almost like me! It was a great night to end January. And wow! It is February! The starting of several birthdays a month, we are moving towards spring and I am already planning our summer! Happy New Year everyone! ``Xin Nian Kuai Le!"





``Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right``- Oprah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...