Sunday, February 2, 2014

#connect #learn #enhance #love #family #forever #live - hash tag that!



Another great weekend. Saturday I was introduced to Quantum Meditation. Quantum means energy. We all have energy in our bodies. It's just learning to be aware of it. Meditation helps lower blood pressure, helps us physically and mentally. I'm just educating myself with the idea of having a peaceful mind. Which will not only increase my intelligence (lol) it should help with insomnia, obtaining a calmness within myself that helps me deal with any challenges I might face. Learning to control myself (not that I'm not controlled already) but to enhance my ability to remain peaceful without reaction sounds great to me. I like the idea of being aware, being aware of everything including silence in a over stimulating room full of noise. I know some people believe that meditation stems from certain religions. Yes and no. Meditation is basically just training your own mind to promote relaxation, building internal energy and developing compassion, love, patience, generosity, and forgiveness. All traits that I believe and work on daily. Self regulation. I love any form of education and enlightenment's. Anything to better "me" is welcomed. Speaking of "me" My young adults have been suggesting I try snap chatting. Snap chatting is basically texting adding a picture the receiver can only see for ten seconds, then it disappears. I'm not into "selfies" meaning sending duck face kisses to each other. They also suggested I learn how to hash tag. Meaning in a post, text or picture you hash tag it with the number sign then the word describing something. For example, #green #awesome #outdoors extra.....then of course there is the online photo album called Instagram. I was never interested in any of this but then I thought, I need too. I need to keep up with technology in order to communicate with our teenagers. Besides speaking face to face, the reality is communication is changing to texting, posts, hash tags and blogging for example. So during the weekend (with help from my teenagers) I started Instagram, learned how to hash tag and send snap chats. I'm not going to consume my life with this but I do believe establishing any forms of communication is key. I was told I was "hilarious" - this hash tagging, snap chatting mama keeping my communication options alive. Hilarious I might be - but I know I am a cool mama for trying. #hashtag that! Besides touching base with reality, some of us ventured off to my home town and visited my father and mother. We had a nice surprise with two family friends that I use to know, I used to play at their house with their boys when I was little. (seen above) We used to camp together. I was told today that I colored on their television set with crayons. Very good people. With lunch provided, we all sat around and discussed what's new and reminisced. It was a perfect Sunday! One fact about me is I hate wasting time. I like feeling productive, I like feeling that time is being well spent. Most of our time IS and definitely this weekend it was. To conclude, with an open mind, an open heart we can forever enhance our lives. For me, I'm all about connection - (for myself and for the people in and around my life) However that may look, from a snap chat to a cup of hot chocolate in the woods with no electricity, I will accomplish it.



"Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It's like the ultimate rest. It's better than the best sleep you've ever had. It's a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh" - I believe this.
Hugh Jackman
"Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important" - I believe this too!
Bill Gates
"Cherish your human connections - your relationships with friends and family" - however that may look!
Barbara Bush



No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...