Thursday, February 13, 2014

This post is for you!

 
Valentines. A day celebrating with people we love. My husband and I don't go out very often, so Valentines isn't an exception. Valentines for us is just another day loving our family. So we're spending it with our children, and we're babysitting my granddaughter so the "young love" can celebrate. I do have some surprises up my sleeve and a fun bon fire planned roasting wieners. Romantic? You betcha! I will light a candle to add to the ambiance! lol Twisting this post off of our family, I wanted to write about you. Some of you I know. Most of you I don't. When I think of a day such as Valentines, I think about our world. If you're a blogger, you will know that you can check on your audience. For example in Canada there is 276, US there is 172, Germany 10, United Kingdom 9, Poland 4, Indonesia 3, Russia 3, Ukraine 3, France 2 and the United Arab Emirates 1 followers on my blog. I know that the hits come from browsers such as explorer, IPhone, Android, Ipod touch, Macintosh, FireFox and Chrome and the traffic sources are google and face book for example. I know how many views happened last month, approximately 1,381 while yesterday there was 27. Regardless if you found me by mistake, or you're a friend and/or family and you continue to follow, I appreciate you. I have a little story. I wasn't sure if I was going to share and on how but I wanted to share because it's another little affirmation on how our world cares for each other. Several posts ago I wrote about our daughter's broccoli lodged into her ear. The doctors figured it would eventually come out on its own. Unfortunately after three ear infections (not caused by the broccoli) the doctors finally decided it was time to physically take it out. The ordeal at the pediatric unit at the hospital was short lived and our daughter's ears are completely fine. If you haven't been reading and just found me, the previous posts explain on how our daughter with special needs loves to shove objects into her ears. Normally there is no issues, and usually we catch the behavior before it becomes a problem. For the broccoli, it was contently lodged in her ear canal causing no harm until it was removed. A month or so later we had a visit from another mother that lives in our area. She explained that some readers, (lovely woman) were concerned about our daughter and she brought over an ear wax remover tool that we could use within our future. With further thought, I wasn't shocked by her visit (with her gift) I thought "Wow" There is people "reading" that care, and that go out of their way for another. This post is for you. I've met wonderful loving strangers that I've written about. Those strangers are now a part of our lives. I without shock just felt amazed. Readers that I do not know that are reading religiously are compassionate, loving and worrying about my family. They are caring and inquiring from just not inside but outside the Internet world on how we are, is enlightening to me. I didn't realize that my writing has been that impactful. I continue to write to hopefully spread some insight with my experiences good or indifferent, I hope to inspire but now you've done something for me. You've inspired me. Not only are you reading, you're caring what you're reading about and that's very honoring to me beyond words. I want to express that I care about my readers. I love this world. I deeply feel compassion for every one regardless of their circumstances. (There was a time I didn't believe in people) I believe in you today. Regardless where you're reading from, who you are......you are important. If you feel you're not important enough, or you might lack family and friends - you're still important to you. You're important to me. The only thing we can do in this world besides everything we already do, is live. The word "live" to me means to our fullest potential. Too make a difference not only in our own lives, but touching every one elses somehow. "Making a difference" Caring about my daughter's ear, and how the concern came back to me was very touching. For every one reading, "Happy Valentines Day" Thank you so much for reading, and we're on our way to 50,000 hits! For the lady that was concerned about my daughter, I would love for you to email me at hohnstein@shaw.ca so we can meet. Purely up to you. For every one else.....I wish you love, life and happiness. Life doesn't have to be extravagant, life just has to have a little love, a little experience, a little understanding, a little faith and we'll all get by.

"But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful."- Elizabeth Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...