Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sesame hair?


I'm liking Sesame Seeds. It's a light ingredient you can put on absolutely anything! It looks beautiful for presentation. I make this homemade spicy barbecued sauce that can be put over almost any meat. You basically mix all these ingredients together then pour over your choice of meat then bake.


1 onion

6-8 cloves of garlic

1 tomato puree

Half cup vinegar

8 squirts Worcestershire sauce

A good long squeeze of mustard, half a cup

Paprika

Half cup lemon juice

2 cups brown sugar

Parsley

A shake or more, thyme, nutmeg and 4 bay leafs.

1 red pepper

1 lemon, sliced for on top

cilantro

sesame seeds sprinkled on top!
Did you know a half cup of sesame seeds contains more calcium then a half cup of whole milk? Also what's interesting is that sesame seed oil helps removes wrinkles and other skin diseases. I wonder if I apply it to my scalp, it would seep into my pores to improve grey hair!? Well I've heard that grey hair growth is a sign of wisdom. It's a lack of melanin in the body. As I was reading some research for preventing grey hair, I learned that if you take 100 grams of curd, mix 1 gm of black pepper and apply it to your scalp for one hour once a week, it will enhance your color and leave your hair silky smooth. Another remedy is SESAME OIL, applying sesame oil to your hair will help growth and grey!? (Maybe)..... Unfortunately I've heard dietary sources won't help with our melanin intake within our bodies. Melanin is a pigment in our skin that reacts to UV rays. So I'm basically "out of luck" when it comes to my natural color growth and that's why hair dye companies are making millions! For now, I'm enjoying the presentation and taste of sesame seeds on our food and my hair can prove my wisdom......

1 comment:

  1. I always learn so much from your posts! I also love the sound of your sauce, I'm going to have to try it!

    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...