Tuesday, April 9, 2013

An open hand



Honestly I shouldn't be writing right now. I've been up a long time. I apologise now for all my writing mistakes. Before I could get a good nights rest I wanted to announce that my husband and I are officially grandparents as of 9:34am Tuesday, April 9th of a beautiful 7 pound 12 ounce baby girl! It was an experience I will never forget. Assisting and supporting my daughters birth. Her and her boyfriend did amazingly well. It was a time I will always cherish, not only to be a part of a miraculous birth but to witness a young couple in love, embracing each other, supporting each other and including me in it. I felt very honoured. All day from Monday morning until Tuesday morning we were together, hour after hour. Tears from emotions we shared, comments from different moments spread amongst each other, it was truly a bonding time between my daughter and her boyfriend. Then came the baby. All I can say is, "Wow" She's a beautiful little girl. What was more beautiful then her, was the love I seen between her two parents. The love we all shared being together. Several hours after the birth I made a speech, slightly slurred from the lack of sleep and I said, "You know....it's been a rough road. Perhaps choices have been backwards, but I truly believe you're both on the right path. Education might not come first. Mine didn't either. As long as you have goals, and work towards them - you will succeed. I'm proud of you. Be honest and true to yourselves and everything else with follow" When I left, (while alone driving home) I just cried and cried and cried. All my own emotions hit me. It was flashbacks from the beginning of meeting our daughter for the first time, to experiencing our challenges, days of feeling helpless, to witnessing my grandchild's birth knowing I was wanted there, as I really wanted to be there too. Where we took each others hand, and moved on knowing we were indeed connected forever. This experience for me was much deeper then just a child born, it was a new beginning for everyone. I texted our old adoption worker thanking her again for my daughter, and for the rest of our children. They've enhanced my life more then anyone knows and that's why, I will always have an open hand to hopefully guide and support. And most importantly, everything is going to be ok - the path isn't meant to be taken right all the time - the wrong turns and dips are life experiences that educate us. Even the best of us need those reminders. I did....... and thank you God for my own lessons learned and allowing me to have an open heart and hand to grasp on what feels right.

I can't see my screen anymore - that means I'm not only slightly slurred, I've progressed to slightly blurred too! So this happy grandmother is signing out for tonight. Leaving you with this, for the first time ever, I whispered into my grandchild's ear, "Grandma loves you" Then immediately following, "That was weird!" I will get used to this too..................then while walking into our home I was called, "The Grandma Mom" That is also very weird but works. I have a few new names that I can adapt too that aren't inappropriate slang. Yeepee!

1 comment:

  1. brenda and gary (grandma and grandpa)April 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

    we are so happy for you and gerald and all the kids with the new arrival of your new granddaughter and our great-granddaughter,can't wait too see her

    ReplyDelete

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...