Monday, February 28, 2011

Productiveness is great for the soul!


Today is Monday. It's very productive and it's only the crack of noon! Laundry is completed, jellos, rice crispie squares, brownies and white cream skor cookies are baking nicely. I have potatoes baked for stuffed potatoes later, a homemade Caesar dressing marinading for a hot chicken breast topping over Caesar salad, all served with asparagus coated in garlic butter! Monday's our children usually love around here with new freshly baked goods in their lunches for their week. Unfortunately we don't stay away from sugar when it comes to homemade baking. I feel so good when I'm productive. Productive to me means everything I wanted accomplished throughout a day happens, there is great food for our children, all the work is finished and there is time to spare for quality time when our children come home from school. I keep telling our teenagers that if you can start something, keep actively engaged in it, you'll eventually see the ending results. I might be able to bake, cook, clean......basically domesticated to the max but even I being motivated as I am can struggle with the dreaded thought of laundry - again! "I thought I just did that!?" attitude won't help the mountain of laundry. Speaking of laundry, I still don't understand where the matches of socks are going? There is a mysterious sock monster that lurks our home, I bet he's the monster that spits up sock balls too! Needless to say, even I don't want to do somethings sometimes too but once engaged and involved, it feels good with the ending product.
When I write it reminds me, keeps me focused because after all I have "sometimers" Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't want too. Today, Monday I remembered my routine, I have an ending product and big smiles on some gorgeous faces! What more can I ask for? Most importantly I remembered what it feels like to finish another day of baking, another pile of laundry - it feels good! As Paul J. Meyer quotes, "Productivity is never an accident. It is always a result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort" "Success is the progressive realization of worthwhile, predetermined, personal goals" Now back to my success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...