Friday, August 29, 2014

Everyone needs a goal.....an hour a day is all we need.

This week I've been on a mission to have our life organized and structurally routined as possible up until at least June 2015. lol  During my ongoing scheduling, online home schooling ordering and preparing for our public students to return back to school I have been going to the gym, and climbing the outdoor stairs. This morning I had a consult with a trainer that put together my own gym routine. It's all about routine. I'm ready to strength train. You are probably wondering why on earth during my "down time" would I want to go to the gym and strength train. When I feel productive (not only with everything that I do) but adding that one hour a day for myself, I am happy. I've written this before in a previous post, I believe I called it, "The happy hour, or the golden hour" located a year or two back in my blog posts. It's about on how I keep my sanity, on how I keep semi-stress free while raising so many challenging children. Basically how I keep happy. And honestly, it's just about having one hour a day to yourself. For my hour I've chosen to be at the gym. Besides doing this for myself, I have dedicated to strengthen for my seven year old daughter with cerebral palsy. My husband and I still move her short distances. I want to continue to be physically strong for her. During my consult with the trainer today he asked, "Why do you want to gain muscle and strength train?" It's a question he asks everybody. I explained that I don't feel confident (strong enough) in my back, within my core to continue lifting my daughter who's approximately sixty pounds. I want to learn on how to gain the muscle and strength without physically hurting myself because I have had my own hip injuries and including tennis elbow. He was great and now I have a routine of my own to hopefully gradually meet my goals so I can continue to lift my daughter when needed. I believe having our own personal goals are detrimental. Regardless if it's finishing a book, or knitting a sweater......we as parents need that feeling of accomplishment for ourselves. I also want it for my daughter. Right now we do everything, we hike through tough terrain......and I want that for our future. If our daughter can't do that for herself, I want to be there helping her experience life and to experience everything I rant and rave about our great outdoors - that dedicates me to staying physically healthy and strong. You never know, one day we might finish a marathon together, even if I have to push her wheelchair! 


Who wouldn't want to conquer these steps over and over again with this view?!
All you need is a little opening to new beginnings......
 Where I spend my hour!


You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...