Friday, May 23, 2014

Every day there's changes!

 
This is the time of year where I become semi-inpatient waiting for summer holidays. I start to look for meaningful excuses to start summer now. At the end of June I'm traveling with eleven of our children up North. I am traveling the B.C. loop visiting family and friends. I feel very confidant as the only adult attending this trip while my husband and a few of my children stay home and work. It will be a journey worth writing about! During our last month of school we're wrapping up IEP's, therapist's and doctor appointments. During our last week of May we're saying not "goodbye" but "Good luck and we will see you soon" to one of our educational assistants. She's leaving us after two years. She's starting a family of her own. We have grown with friendship and we can't wait when she visits presenting her new bundle of joy! As we start to shut the door for the 2013/2014 year, we are preparing to start the 2014/2015 year with many changes. New education assistants, adding another home schooling student. (I will be up to six homeschooling) Our public schools are changing, some are closing and other schools are changing their grades to k-7 then 8-12. Change is good. Besides schooling, therapists, doctors, sports, horse riding and music we have many changes happening at home. My husband removed more then 30 stumps, levelled out or yard developing more land. It's amazing how much land we have that's covered in trees, stumps and massive dirt hills from the previous building years before. Our surrounding deck is being enlarged and we're adding a hot tub. Not necessarily for joy use but for our daughter with Cerebral Palsy. So she can swim, and strengthen her legs in water (nightly) before retiring to bed. We have noticed she loves water, swimming and bathing. Our daughter will benefit from this type of therapy and I believe she will also sleep better at night. It's very exciting and a much needed feature to our home! We're busy but that floats our boat, and manages our fort - productivity not only becomes visible, it feels great! It's Friday again! Enjoy your weekend and if you don't have a project to finish, get one!

Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.
Paul J. Meyer


No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...