Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thanksgiving in July....



Not the greatest picture above as this was after our potluck dinner consisting of two large great families! With the bouts of pouring rain it was a dark and gloomy day. Outside reminded me of our weather in October. Inside had the smells of turkey (roasted chicken) served with mashed potatoes, fresh buns, cranberry sauce, salad, roast beef, sushi and pumpkin pie with whipped cream! It was Thanksgiving in July! My dearest friend (I love) made four pumpkin pies! I even indulged in a piece. The only item we were missing was the stuffing but ahhhh......who wants to fight the legs of little chickens trying to stuff a handful of bread into the bird anyways! After dinner some of our-their children watched "Deck the Halls" After all what comes after Thanksgiving?! Christmas. At the end of the movie all I could hear was the song, "Frosty the snowman.... was a jolly happy soul, with a corncob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal" Our oldest daughter was rolling her eyes asking, "Do I hear Christmas music?" I started stating that it's time to start preparing for Christmas! There was a few years that I did start in July. This could be another year! Our dinner was great and now I'm preparing a chicken broth for homemade chicken noodle soup for tomorrow night. Remember, frosty the snowman is a fairy tale, they say, he was made of snow but the children know how he came to life one day! :)

"Before anything else, preparation is the key to success" - Alexander Graham Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...