Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Redirect frustrations & remember you KNOW you can! Summer awaits us!

 
It's that time of year where we're finally bundling it all up and semi-disappearing from routines! And I am!....I am so excited for all of the good things to come! Sunshine, traveling, camping, new experiences, boating, quading - all equals the great outdoors, and great family and friends! We're "outta here" I'm excited now, the count down is on, although that picture above can mean two things.....I'm excited for new adventures but I'm on my knees begging for mercy, and pleading for peace. In a few short weeks I'm taking eleven of our high needs children on a British Columbia and possibly Alberta road trip for a few weeks while my husband works. We will be visiting some birth family, and family members along our way. Am I crazy being the only parent attending this adventure!? You betcha! (I never once denied being crazy) I'm also looking forward to sharing our summer, and reminding everyone who reads that if we can, you can - do anything! "You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination"
Ralph Marston

Determination and dedication is absolutely everything. I remember a night a sat in my room and asked, "Why?" and I whined, "I can't do this" Meaning I was tired, I questioned my life.....my path. I felt I wasn't strong enough to continue. When we feel this way within those moments in our life, it is a legitimate feeling that we should address. While I addressed it, ironically (call me crazy) I received my answers. I was reminded that this is my path, my journey and I was chosen because of my strength, my determination and my dedication. We all have paths we're on.....and we can venture in different directions but when the time is right, our paths are brightened before us. Yes it's weird.....and some people don't understand, then some do because they're already following their own that's meant to be. So I'm a believer. I believe in possibilities. I believe everything and anything is worth trying.....how do we know the answers if we don't seek them? Every one of us is worth at least trying, and that's why our adventures will never end, our frustrations will turn into that positive, effective and unstoppable determination that I've developed in my heart! That's why I can take eleven of my children on a British Columbia road trip, home school now seven and counting, camp several weeks on end (even out of coolers) function with only 4-5 hours sleep at night, sit in hospitals for weeks, endure physical and mental abuse while learning to forgive. It's not a path for me to say, "I can't do this" because I am and I can. I can, "we can" do anything which equals that you can too. I'm excited and I hope you are too for more adventures, we're all the little engines that KNOW we can and our summer awaits. So don't let any excuses, any insecurities stop you - enjoy your life and relax your routines - IT'S SUMMER!  Its our life.....lets live it! AND if at any point I'm frustrated - I will remember to redirect my thinking and you should too! Remember - everything is just a moment, it's just a day - (everything happens for a reason) -  "enjoy" - AND do you know what!? If you're not hurting others, or yourself - LIVE.  Be you! What's worth teaching to my children is self confidence, to be unique, to be true to yourself and their path will follow.... my babbling is over - now let's bring on summer!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...