Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Be the change you wish to see in your room" - Me.


It's amazing that the plate above isn't falling off our counter top! Usually when plates, cups - anything near the edge drops to the floor! The story. I love cooking. I enjoy being in my kitchen. When our oldest daughter isn't studying at her University, she is working. She works at a very up beat fine restaurant and has learned how to bar tend. When she was home, she made these wonderful lettuce wraps. A feature (not exactly seen above) served at the restaurant she works at. I asked her if I could take a picture because more then likely I was going to blog about these little beauties. I think they're brilliant. If anything, a great appetizer or a dish to serve at a potluck. These lettuce wraps consisted of what we had in our fridge at the time. Ham, diced tomatoes, cheese, avocado, lettuce with some caesar dressing and hot sauce. My vision is endless. Shrimp, crab, a rice noodle, parmesan cheese, any spice, any sauce, any meat, absolutely anything. Instead of having a taco shell, make tacos out of lettuce. This simple invention can be created in several different ways. I can't express enough on how I absolutely love this idea! Simplistic, affordable yet elegant. Bon appetit!

I'm in my room. It's completely quiet at 9pm in our home. No televisions on, all our children are sleeping and I've chosen to blog. I could call it "Bliss" I have two craft tables that align each other, everything is organized and I'm sitting in the middle of it. To the left of me is material, leathers, a printer with some finished home school work and different sizes of pull ups. In the middle is me with my computer. To the right is all my organized envelopes of pictures with massive amounts of scrap booking materials, even further is my weights and workout necessities. Underneath is where I hide my laundry that I need to fold and put away. I heard once that you should keep your room, your room. Peaceful and full of solitude. A space to call your own. This definitely looks like my space. lol A place where if I'm feeling weepy, I can just grab a pull up. A place where if I want to continue to work on home schooling, it's to the right of me. A place where if I'm missing my children while they're sleeping, I can just grab their picture to the left of me. And a place if I need another layer of clothing, I just need to bend down and put it on. Who cares if it isn't mine, right?! I'm not complaining.....I'm trying to make humor of my solitude. I'm actually pretty content. I do have to state that having your own room is essential. Ideally, my room would be designed way differently. "No, no....seriously....it would" I would rather a tissue then trying to wipe the tears from my face with a pull up. My biggest thing about my room is......it's quiet now. It is bliss. Although during the day or early evenings, some of our children think it's a room to hang out. To come and use my bathroom. To lay on my bed. It doesn't matter how much we say, "This is our room, stay out" It seems to be an open room. Interestingly enough, our children understand the boundaries about their siblings rooms but not their parents. So we lock our room door. It's not about "trust" per-say but somewhat, the biggest thing is, "It's our room" Can I not have a room? In order for me to change my clothing, I need to lock my door. Even our older children have this need to come in.....searching for something. I wonder if I started appearing in their room whenever, laying on their bed, looking at their belongings....possibly touching and moving their belongings around, on how that would go over? I might have to try an experiment. One of my favorite quotes is, "Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi. That quote actually sits to the left of me. I read that on a daily basis. Tonight, while sitting in my blissful well equipped incontinent prepared room, I thought....."Be the change you wish to see in your room!" So I will more likely add this to my list of things to do. For now, at the back of me is my pile of books I'm reading. They can stay until I'm finished. Too conclude, my words to remember are, "Happiness depends upon ourselves" Regardless if it's in a bedroom, in a kitchen or running outdoors - ourselves have to step that forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...