Thursday, November 6, 2014

OPRAH!

Wow! I can't believe how fast time is slipping by! This week has been spectacular! Monday consisted of visiting ten public school classrooms presenting "Emily's Angels" with our star Emily. Basically bringing awareness to our fundraiser. We also made ten gift baskets. One per room and any child that wanted to color a Emily's Angel, they could enter the draw to win the basket at the end of this week. The baskets consisted of animal teddies, felt markers, glitter glue and a un-decorated angel they can design themselves. I fun twist while bringing awareness. Also during this week we sold eight shell trees and the orders keep coming! It was a successful and productive week. Next week we are getting ready to be at the Qualicum Farmers Market, Nov 15th from 9am-12pm if anyone in our area is interested in visiting us. Now I am preparing home for my departure for the weekend. I'm leaving until Sunday. I'm heading over to Seattle to attend Oprah's "The life you want" weekend while adding a little Christmas shopping (hopefully) I've been on this mission to start working on my bucket list. A list I think everyone should have. I'm on my third check off my bucket list and it's a great feeling knowing that dreams, that goals (by adding action) do come true. I don't know what I will get out of this weekend with Oprah and thousands of others. I will probably leave inspired in one form or another. Friday night Oprah will explain her intimate life journey, her road toward joy, resilience, awe, connection, gratitude and possibility. All day Saturday Oprah will have several handpicked special quests accompanying her. Including Gayle King, Adam Glassman, Amy Purdy, Magician Nate Jester, Chef Carla Hall and OWN, show host Ami Desai. Mark Nepo, Elizabeth Gilbert, Rob Bell, Iyanla Vanzant and surprise guests will be making their appearances during this weekend! Another fun adventure that will be set up is a O town. A pop-up town square consisting of all Oprah's favorites. Sounds like a bucket list adventure to me! I'm pretty excited for this opportunity.....I believe this weekend will leave me inspired however I seem not to have any questions or concerns about how I would like to transform my life. I am living my life daily how I believe. I'm finally, finally, FINALLY loving me. I'm not worried about judgments, opinions and criticism as I once did. I'm good either way with what people think of me because what matters is - that I'm happy and I am living my life. (How I want too) This is the mother I want to be. To teach to be yourself. Live. Love. Experience. Be wild. Be crazy. BE HAPPY! Those are my inspiring thoughts for this weekend. Now... lets see what I will learn from Oprah that's more inspiring then that! I hope while I'm gaining more insight about "life" in general this weekend - that you're experiencing some life building memories too! AND if not, start by writing out a bucket list, write what needs to change - then start taking ACTIONS to change it. Only you can enhance your life - Me.

Stay tuned.....and I will let you know what Oprah has to say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...