Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A true unconditional friendship


This picture above is more then just a thousand words. It's true unconditional friendship. The above picture consists of my daughter and her friend. My daughter is hugging her precious "Momma Pig" and not noticing that a picture is taking place while her friend is standing close smiling...  It is a pristine picture of a perfect unconditional friendship. We were at a retirement home visiting a lovely lady during lunch. "Our Emily is Emily" She can become impatient, she will scream at times, and she plays with her food often rather then eating. Emily is this special little girl that can get on ones nerves and especially other little girls her age. Not many eight or nine year old girls can or will understand why Emily is Emily. Nor will have the patience to continue an ongoing friendship like this friend has. This particular friend (is not just an ordinary friend) She has been involved with Emily's care for several years. She's always questioning our daughter's condition, always asking lots of questions in order to understand her friend more. Even if Emily screams at her, this little girl just comes back with a bigger hug. I am one of those individuals that observe people's characters. I'm not always right however I really believe that Emily's friend holds true unconditional compassion for others. During lunch at the retirement home I witnessed Emily's friend wipe Emily's face with a napkin. It was very sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if Emily's friend grows up and obtains a career within the human services field. True friendships can last a life time and I hope for these two it does. 

To me you are an angel in disguise.
Full of intuition, intelligent and wise.
Always giving and helping through good times and bad times.
You are the best friend I've ever had.

If I had one wish it would surely be
to give you as much you've given me

Though I've put our relationship through some cloudy days,
you've been my sunshine in so many ways.
Though trials and tests, right by me you stood,
and gave me your hand whenever you could.

Thank you so much my sister, my friend
My gratitude for you has no end...

Author unknown - found and was so suitable from Emily to her special friend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...